Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prompt for the Revision Portfolio

As you already know, you are supposed to be revising the four formal essays for this class.  You must do the following.
  • Revise your essays, obviously.  Remember that revision is more than fixing a few commas and awkward phrasings.  You should take my comments into account, but revising an essay means more than treating my comments as a checklist.  You should go over your essay, my comments, and what we have done in class since you wrote that project to decide what needs to be done to make the project better.
  • Describe your revision process to me.  In the email to which you attach your revised essays, you should tell me what you did to revise.  This means saying more than, "I fixed the organization."  It means telling me what you did to make the organization better.  Did you just move things around?  Did you cut one section to make room for a new one?  Tell me what I should see.  I will not grade any revision that arrives without such a description.
  • Email your revisions to me by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, November 23.  You should email each document to me as a separate attachment.  In other words, your one email should have four separate attachments to it.  Anything I do not receive on time will be subject to the late policy described in the syllabus, which includes the fact that I will accept nothing after a week past this deadline.  If I do not have it by then, you will receive an F on it.  There will be no exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment